Friday, February 29, 2008

New Addition to our Family

We are proud to introduce a new member of our family....."MADDIE Apples" . "Apples" is her middle name. The girls wanted her to have a middle name, but we call her "Maddie" mainly. She is a 3 month old Labrador Retriever mix. Her father is a Lab and her mother is a Lab/Rat Terrier mix. We all are loving her in our lives. I have had to get used to taking care of another "child" again :) We have started crate training her and that has made life a whole lot easier. We are enjoying the experience because all of us are experiencing owning a dog for the first time. I never had one growing up and Paul has a vague recollection of the one his family had when he was a toddler. She will end up being between 40-50lbs and look like a small lab. She is one of the main reasons why for the past month I have been disconnected from the world of blogging. I am sad to say that I was almost ready to post all about our Christmas break and I didn't finish. So the Christmas post will follow this one.



8 comments:

Janet said...

Awww little Maddie Apples is so cute! Our kids can't wait to meet her.

Heidi said...

So fun to see these pictures - what a beautiful dog!!

Nat's blog said...

Don't you just love dogs...they add so much to a family. I miss you guys. How's florida?

Anonymous said...

Hi Gladys!!
I found you through Lacy. Your kids are beautiful, and I'm so happy you are all doing so well. Please tell your family I said HI. Love you guys

The Nielsen Family said...

Wow, how daring of you guys. Matt and I would love to have a dog, I am just not sure if I am ready for ALL that comes with a dog. In a few months do another post letting those who are on the fence about having a dog know if you are still pro dog. She is a beauty and the kids pictures on the right hand side are so precious. Say hi to your mom and dad for us.

Brenda said...

You need to update your blog! Are you missin' the dog?

Kira said...

Congratulations Gladys!!! You family told us the exciting news last night.

RCA said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/merk-gendongan-bayi-terbaik