Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Rag Quilt


This post has a little story behind it. About 4 years ago I started to make a rag quilt......one of my very first sewing projects. It was going to be a gift for my cousins 1st daughter. I used the same colors as her bedroom. Well I only did 2 rows of it.....put it away and then pulled it out a couple of months ago to finish it. Since now my little 2nd cousin is 4 years old I couldn't really gift it to her so I decided for Millie's (my nieces) 2nd birthday I would complete it.....and I did.....only it was a couple of months after her birthday. Needless to say Millie loved it and I feel very good having accomplished one of my unfinished projects. It isn't perfect if you look at it closely, but I finished it!!!! :)

And here she is all rapped up in it!

9 comments:

Julie said...

Cute! I made a quilt once at a Laurel project and promised myself I'd never do it again! =)

Gladys said...

Ha! Ha! That is pretty funny Julie. The rag quilts are pretty easy to make. If I did this project by myself then anyone can do it. I am hoping to start up a new one in the near future. I am trying to grow my sewing skills that are lacking. :)

Gretchen J'Deene said...

Way to go Gladys you did it!:) It looks great!

Jlowryjr said...

She does love it!

T. Driaza said...

Hi Gladys! I found your blog! Hurray! I'll be sending you an invite to ours, so keep checking your email and make sure you change your link for our name...I closed that myspace account years ago! lol.
Beautiful photos of your family. Can't wait to see you all!

Kira said...

great job!!! It really is perfect for her!

Michelle Knight said...

What a pretty quilt! It looks so soft! Good job!

Heidi said...

Oh Gladys - I am so proud of you! It is so beautiful and I know she will treasure it always!! Love you so much my sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

love a taste of her fatpussy