Sunday, October 3, 2010

The 1st Day of School, Nicole's New Teacher Update, the PTA, and Open House

So, I thought I would do a post about the first day of school and Open House together. Ironically I never got a picture of Nicole with her teacher she had for the first month of school ( I did not realize that our little camera was on video mode until we got to Michelle's class at MEET your TEACHER-Oh well) or with her new teacher on Open House Night. But I did get pictures of the girls on the 1st day of school. They were so excited for their 1st day, on August 23rd. They wanted me to make them hair clips. So I had them pick out their outfits the night before and I woke up early the next morning and made them hair clips to match their outfits. Paul got them all ready the night before and gave them a father's blessing for the new school year.

For the 1st month Tison would wear his little back pack every time we would drop the girls off at school. He can't wait till he is old enough to go.

They are growing up too quickly for me.


Michelle with Mrs. Lowry. Yes, her name is Mrs. Lowry. I thought that was such a coincidence. She is a wonderful teacher and has such a love for the children.
The girls started off the year great and loved their teachers and classmates. Then Nicole was thrown a curve ball and had to change teachers at the end of September. They were dissolving her 3rd grade class due to overcrowding in the 5th grade. She had a rough time the 1st day she found out as well as her classmates. Then Monday came around and then Tuesday and so on. She came home this past week raving about her new teacher and how much she likes her. Nicole is especially excited because they are writing letters to children in other countries.
I joined the PTA board earlier this school year and they made me the Membership Chair. I love being involved in the girls classrooms and at the school. It is a lot of FUN. It is also a neat way to get to know so many of the other parents.
OPEN HOUSE was a lot of FUN. We enjoyed seeing all that the girls had done and how far they have come along in such a short time. I am grateful they have been blessed with such wonderful teachers this school year.
Michelle was showing us her assignments and as you can see Nicole was very interested in looking at them too.
The boys had FUN playing with different stuff in Michelle's class. Blaine especially loved the magnetic board with ALL the lettters.

Nicole then showed us what she has accomplished and we were able to meet her NEW teacher.

The boys were busy again, having fun with dry erase markers, this time in Nicole's class.

No comments: